September 18, MOSCOW – Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K), international public relations agency, has appointed Maria Kuzkina, a 16-year veteran of the firm, as CEO of PBN H+K, effective October 1. Kuzkina is the third CEO in the company’s 36-year history, preceded by the firm’s co-founder and current Executive Chairman Peter B. Necarsulmer, and by Myron Wasylyk since 2014.
PBN H+K is the first in-market leading strategic communications firm doing business in Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and other countries of the former Soviet Union. Since 1990, the firm has pioneered the public relations and government affairs professions in these countries and today employs 75 professionals in its Moscow, Kyiv and Almaty offices. Its merger with global public relations company H+K created PBN H+K in 2012.
Kuzkina has served as Managing Director for Russia since the merger, responsible for strategy and key client relations, financial performance and recruitment and retention of senior staff. She also leads the firm’s fast-growing expertise in integrated communications that combines strategy, creativity and innovation for clients such as IKEA, Facebook, Lexus, P&G, Megafon and Visa.
Wasylyk, who has worked at PBN H+K for 22 years, is departing the firm at the end of the month to pursue a new professional opportunity based in Kyiv with a client of the company. Wasylyk and the firm look forward to continuing their professional cooperation and personal relationship into the future.
For the past seven years, Kuzkina has supervised operations for the Moscow office of PBN H+K, the largest of the firm’s three offices. She manages and counsels some of the firm’s most complex and significant clients in Russia as well as coordinating project teams across all disciplines, including corporate comms, government relations, crisis comms and marketing comms. Kuzkina has degrees in Philology and Psychology with Honors from the People’s Friendship University of Russia. She is fluent in English and Russian.
H+K has offices in more than 40 countries worldwide, delivering award winning campaigns to clients across all sectors and disciplines and with a focus on continued innovation for the industry. Recent innovations include Flight School +, a crisis communications training and simulation tool, Better Impact™, a new approach to brand purpose and CSR, and H+K Smarter™, a behavioral science unit.
For Media Enquiries:
Jason Stanford, Global Communications
+1 512 432 1937 | [email protected]
Megan Jackson, Marketing Executive
+44 020 7413 3766 | [email protected]
About Hill+Knowlton Strategies
Hill+Knowlton Strategies, Inc. is an international communications consultancy, providing services to local, multinational and global clients. The firm is headquartered in New York, with over 80 offices in more than 40 markets, as well as an extensive associate network. The agency is part of WPP, one of the world’s largest communications services groups. Please note that H+K should be referred to only as Hill+Knowlton Strategies or H+K with no variations.
For more information about H+K, click here, follow us on Twitter here, like us on Facebook here, and follow us on LinkedIn here.
About PBN Hill+Knowlton Strategies
The PBN Company was founded in San Francisco in 1983 and started doing business on the ground in Russia and the region in 1991. In 2012, the firm merged with global Hill+Knowlton Strategies and became known as PBN Hill+Knowlton Strategies. From its offices in Moscow, Kyiv, and Almaty, the firm provides strategic communications, public relations, marketing and government affairs services to both international and regional clients. PBN Hill+Knowlton Strategies is majority owned (75%) by WPP, with the remaining 25% owned by the company’s founders.