Hill+Knowlton Strategies East Africa was launched in May 2009 as a joint venture between H+K Strategies and Scangroup Limited.
Operating from its base in Nairobi, Kenya, we successfully handle a wide portfolio of clientele, delivering services that cut across the financial, corporate communication, ICT, development, FMCG, health, and public sectors among others.
H+K Strategies East Africa continues to attract and retain skilled and passionate consultants growing from a pool of 10 staff in 2009 to 28 staff in 2013. In the same period, the client portfolio has grown from 11 to over 36 active clients.
Due to its success, the agency led the establishment of H+K Strategies Africa under the tutelage of Mr. Alexander Doll who was previously the H+K Strategies East Africa Managing Director. Mr. Doll’s mandate includes an aggressive expansion plan that aims to tap into the immense business potential in Africa. This has resulted in the opening of a fully owned office in Uganda and the establishment of trusted affiliates based in South Africa, Ghana, Nigeria, Angola, Senegal, Tanzania and Ethiopia.
An award winning agency from day one, below are the honors we've received:
- Best Media Relations Campaign (SEACOM 2009 and CCK SIM registration 2010)
- Best Consumer Campaign (Deacons 2009)
- Technology Campaign of the Year (IM Bank 2010 and Nokia 2011)
- Public Sector Campaign of the Year (TJRC 2011)
- Best Event of the Year (Airtel Launch in 16 markets)
- Best Public Affairs Campaign (Anti-counterfeit Campaign Nokia 2011)
- Best PR Transactions Advisors (IPO's and Rights Issues 2012)
- Best Sponsorship Campaign (Airtel Rising Stars 2012)
Our service offerings include:
- Business-to-business communications
- Corporate communications
- Change + internal communications
- Creative consulting
- Digital communications
- Financial communications
- Media planning + placement
- Marketing communications
- Media relations
- Public affairs
- Reputation management + corporate advisory
- Research+Data Insights
- Risk management + crisis management
- Sports marketing + sponsorship
- Sustainability + corporate social responsibility